Learn mobile and social media best practices from journalists and others at the upcoming MobileMe&You2 Conference, held simultaneously in Chicago and San Francisco on Friday, Oct. 28. The conference continues Saturday, Oct. 29, in Chicago only.
Learn how to reach your future audience. Learn how to get them to interact with you. Learn why you should understand that Snapchat is a reporting tool, not a selfie app.
Topics to be discussed are
- Snap journalism – how to reach youth on Snapchat
- Drone journalism – what you need to know about aerial video and 3D mapping
- Sensor journalism – the newest approaches and projects
- 360 journalism – giving stories a new viewpoint
- VR journalism – putting the audience into your story
- Student journalists – a student panel on how to use mobile tools like a mobile native
- Audience for mobile, wearable and drone journalism
- Mobile media and the Hispanic audience
- Creating mobile apps or websites
- Updates on mobile journalism research
- Creating mobile newsrooms
Speakers include Yusuf Omar, mobile editor of the Hindustan (India) Times, who is building a mobile team of 750 journalists; Jim Brady, former editor of Digital First Media and current CEO of Spirited Media, which operates the mobile news platform Billy Penn in Philadelphia and the soon-to-launch The Incline in Pittsburgh; Almar Latour, publisher of the Dow Jones Media Group; and Matt Waite, head of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Drone Journalism Lab.
Type of work: